2017 Song Writing Contest
Maine Songwriters Association is proud to announce the 7th annual MSA Songwriting Contest. This is a great opportunity for MSA members to show off their talents, culminating in a showcase performance of the top six finalists at Frontier in Brunswick.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The contest is open to full paid members of Maine Songwriting Association; the winner from the previous year and MSA directors are ineligible.
- Songs must be uploaded in MP3 format using the upload form on the MSA website. Song lyrics are also uploaded through the MSA website.
- If you need help creating an MP3 of your song, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll try to assist.
- Deadline for entry is August 27th, 2017.
- A panel of three judges will select six finalists who will be announced by September 30th. Songs will be selected based on melody, lyrics, form/structure, impact and originality.
- Six finalists will perform at a special showcase at the Frontier Cafe in Brunswick 8 PM on Saturday, October 28, 2017 where the winner will be chosen by a panel of judges.
- Each finalist must perform his or her song live, with one voice and one instrument.
- When you submit, please make sure that you will be available for the finals on Oct 28 in the event that your song is chosen for the finals. If after you submit you are not able to participate, please let us know asap.
- Prizes awarded include a $250 cash prize for first place, a $100 cash prize for second place, and a $50 prize for third place.
- All musical genres will be considered – no instrumentals.